b.

RAID

c.

Striping

d.

Hit rate

Answer: (c).Striping

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Spread of data in the multiple disks, is refered to as

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. The 32-bit, 33MHz PCI bus will have peak bandwidth of about

Q. When the disks rotate at 5400 RPM-15,000 RPM, then they have average rotational latency is between

Q. A bus which is designed for allowing processors, I/O devices and memory, is called a

Q. 1GB of data is referred in bytes as

Q. The average time for reading/writing the 512-byte sector for the disk rotating at 10,000 RPM when its time is 6 ms, its transfer rate is 50 MB/sec, and its controller overhead is 0.2 ms

Q. Reads/writes requests to I/O devices, are called

Q. Request, which is used for indicating a read request for memory, is known as

Q. A unit on the bus that initiates bus requests is called

Q. 1000 disks having 1,200,000-hour MTTF and disks being used 24 hours a day, and failed disks are being replaced with a new ones, then no that will fail over five years (43,800 hours) is,

Q. A bus connecting processor and memory, is known as

Q. The process that periodically checks the status of an I/O devices, is known as

Q. The average time required to reach a storage location in memory and obtain its contents is called the

Q. DMA interface unit eliminates the need to use CPU registers to transfer data from

Q. In vectored interrupts, how does the device identify itself to the processor..?

Q. The code sent by the device in vectored interrupt is _____ long.

Q. The starting address sent by the device in vectored interrupt is called as

Q. The processor indicates to the devices that it is ready to recieve interrupts

Q. Which one of the following is true with regard to a CPU having a single interrupt request line and single interrupt grant lineā€¦??
i) Neither vectored nor multiple interrupting devices is possible.
ii) Vectored interrupts is not possible but multiple interrupting devices is possible.
iii) Vectored interrupts is possible and multiple interrupting devices is not possible.
iv) Both vectored and multiple interrupting devices is possible.

Q. _________ method is used to establish priority by serially connecting all devices that request an interrupt.

Q. In daisy chaining device 0 will pass the signal only if it has..