adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

In UNIX operating system, when a process creates a new process using the fork() system call, which of the following state is shared between the parent process and child process?

a.

Heap

b.

Stack

c.

Shared memory segments

d.

Both Heap and Stack

Answer: (c).Shared memory segments

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. In UNIX operating system, when a process creates a new process using the fork() system call, which of the following state is shared between the parent process and child process?

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. Which of the following information about the UNIX file system is not correct?

Q. Which of the following option with reference to UNIX operating system is not correct?

Q. What is the function of following UNIX command?

WC – l < a >b&

Q. Which of the following statement is not correct with reference to cron daemon in UNIX O.S?

Q. In Unix, files can be protected by assigning each one a 9-bit mode called rights bits. Now, consider the following two statements:

I. A mode of 641 (octal) means that the owner can read and write the file, other members of the owner’s group can read it, and users can execute only.
II. A mode of 100 (octal) allows the owner to execute the file, but prohibits all other access.

Which of the following options is correct with reference to above statements?

Q. In Unix, the login prompt can be changed by changing the contents of the file ...............

Q. A unix file system has 1-KB blocks and 4-byte disk addresses. What is the maximum file size if i-nodes contain 10 direct entries and one single, double and triple indirect entry each?

Q. In Unix operating system, special files are used to :

Q. Match the following in Unix file system :

List - I                         List - II
(a) Boot block               (i) Information about file system
(b) Super block            (ii) Information about file
(c) Inode table              (iii) Storage space
(d) Data block               (iv) Code for making OS ready

Codes :
      (a)  (b)  (c)  (d)

Q. In Unix, the command to enable execution permission for file “mylife” by all is ................

Q. What will be the output of the following Unix command ?

$rm chap0\[1 - 3\]

Q. Which of the following out commands will output "onetwothree"?

Q. Assume that an implementation of Unix operating system uses i-nodes to keep track of data blocks allocated to a file. It supports 12 direct block addresses, one indirect block address and one double indirect block address. The file system has 256 bytes block size and 2 bytes for disk block address. The maximum possible size of a file in this system is

Q. Which of the following set of Unix commands will always display “WELCOME” ?

Q. Which of the following shell scripts will produce the output “my first script” ?

Q. Which of the following statements is not true for UNIX Operating System ?

Q. Consider the following UNIX command:

sort < in > temp; head -30 < temp; rm temp

Which of the following functions shall be performed by this command?

Q. The mv command changes

Q. A UNIX file system has 1 KB block size and 4-byte disk addresses. What is the maximum file size if the inode contains ten direct block entries, one single indirect block entry, one double indirect block entry and one triple indirect block entry?

Q. A user level process in Unix traps the signal sent on a Ctrl + C input and has a signal handling routine that saves appropriate files before terminating the process. When a Ctrl + C input is given to this process, what is the mode in which the signal handling routine executes ?