adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Consider a 3-variable function; f(A, B,C) = S (0, 1, 2, 4). It is realized with a 4x1 multiplexer; select lines S₁ S₀ are taken as B, C. Later it was found that select lines have to be interchanged w.r.t the data line in both terminations, Identify the correct statements.

a.

All the i/p terminations remains same except I₀ which is to be complemented

b.

The terminations have to be reversed

c.

The terminations of I₀ and I₂ are to be interchanged

d.

No need to change any input terminations

Answer: (d).No need to change any input terminations

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Consider a 3-variable function; f(A, B,C) = S (0, 1, 2, 4). It is realized with a 4x1 multiplexer; select lines S₁ S₀ are taken as B, C. Later it was found that select lines have...

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. Which one of the following expressions does NOT represent exclusive NOR of x and y?

Q. The simplified SOP (Sum Of Product) form of the boolean expression (P + Q' + R') . (P + Q' + R) . (P + Q + R') is

Q. The minterm expansion of f(P, Q, R) = PQ + QR' + PR' is

Q. What is the minimum number of gates required to implement the Boolean function (AB+C)if we have to use only 2-input NOR gates?

Q. If P, Q, R are Boolean variables, then (P + Q')(PQ' + PR)(P'R' + Q') simplifies

Q. How many 3-to-8 line decoders with an enable input are needed to construct a 6-to-64 line decoder without using any other logic gates?

Q. Consider the following Boolean function of four variables: f(w,x,y,z) = ∑(1,3,4,6,9,11,12,14) The function is:

Q. Let f(w, x, y, z) = ∑(0, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15). Which of the following expressions are NOT equivalent to f?

Q. Define the connective * for the Boolean variables X and Y as: X * Y = XY + X' Y'. Let Z = X * Y.
Consider the following expressions P, Q and R.

P: X = Y⋆Z
Q: Y = X⋆Z
R: X⋆Y⋆Z=1

Which of the following is TRUE?

Q. Suppose only one multiplexer and one inverter are allowed to be used to implement any Boolean function of n variables. What is the minimum size of the multiplexer needed?

Q. In a look-ahead carry generator, the carry generate function Gi and the carry propagate function Pi for inputs Ai and Bi are given by:

Pi = Ai ⨁ Bi and Gi = AiBi

The expressions for the sum bit Si and the carry bit Ci+1 of the look-ahead carry adder are given by:

Si = Pi ⨁ Ci and Ci+1 = Gi + PiCi , where C0 is the input carry.

Consider a two-level logic implementation of the look-ahead carry generator. Assume that all Pi and Gi are available for the carry generator circuit and that the AND and OR gates can have any number of inputs. The number of AND gates and OR gates needed to implement the look-ahead carry generator for a 4-bit adder with S3, S2, S1, S0 and C4 as its outputs are respectively:

Q. Let k = 2^n. A circuit is built by giving the output of an n-bit binary counter as input to an n-to-2^n bit decoder. This circuit is equivalent to a

Q. Consider the equation (123)5 = (x8)y with x and y as unknown. The number of possible solutions is _____ .

Q. Consider the following combinational function block involving four Boolean variables x, y, a, b where x, a, b are inputs and y is the output.

f (x, y, a, b)
{
if (x is 1) y = a;
else y = b;
}

Which one of the following digital logic blocks is the most suitable for implementing this function?

Q. Let X denote the Exclusive OR (XOR) operation. Let ‘1’ and ‘0’ denote the binary constants. Consider the following Boolean expression for F over two variables P and Q:

F(P, Q) = ( ( 1 X P) X (P X Q) ) X ( (P X Q) X (Q X 0) )

The equivalent expression for F is

Q. Consider a Boolean function f (w, x, y, z). suppose that exactly one of its inputs is allowed to change at a time. If the function happens to be true for two input vectors i1 = (w1, x1, y1, z1) and i2 = (w2, x2, y2, z2) we would like the function to remain true as the input changes from i1 to i2 (i1 and i2 differ in exactly one bit position), without becoming false momentarily. Let f (w, x, y, z) = ∑(5,7,11,12,13,15). Which of the following cube covers of f will ensure that the required property is satisfied?

Q. The hexadecimal representation of 6578 is

Q. The switching expression corresponding to f(A, B, C, D) = Σ (1, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12) is

Q. The Boolean function x'y' + xy + x'y is equivalent to

Q. In an SR latch made by cross-coupling two NAND gates, if both S and R inputs are set to 0, then it will result in