adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Match the terms related to Software Configuration Management (SCM) in List-I with the descriptions in List-II.

List-1                  List-II
I. Version           A. An instance of a system that is
distributed to customers.
II. Release         B. An instance of a system which
is functionally identical to other
instances, but designed for different
hardware/software configurations.
III. Variant          C. An instance of a system that differs,
in some way, from other instances.

Codes:
      I   II  III

a.

B  C  A

b.

C  A  B

c.

C  B  A

d.

B  A  C

Answer: (b).C  A  B

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Match the terms related to Software Configuration Management (SCM) in List-I with the descriptions in List-II. List-1                  List-II I....

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. A software project was estimated at 352 Function Points (FP). A four person team will be assigned to this project consisting of an architect, two programmers, and a tester. The salary of the architect is Rs.80,000 per month, the programmer Rs.60,000 per month and the tester Rs.50,000 per month. The average productivity for the team is 8 FP per person month. Which of the following represents the projected cost of the project?

Q. Complete each of the following sentences in List-I on the left hand side by filling in the word or phrase from the List-II on the right hand side that best completes the sentence:

List-I                                          List-II
I. Determining whether you
have built the right system
is called .............                       A. Software testing
II. Determining whether you
have built the system right
is called .........                           B. Software verification
III. ............ is the process of
demonstrating the existence
of defects or providing
confidence that they do not
appear to be present.              C. Software debugging
IV. .......... is the process of
discovering the cause of a
defect and fixing it.                  D. Software validation

Codes:
      I   II  III  IV

Q. A software company needs to develop a project that is estimated as 1000 function points and is planning to use JAVA as the programming language whose approximate lines of code per function point is accepted as 50. Considering a=1.4 as multiplicative factor, b=1.0 as exponention factor for the basic COCOMO effort equation and c=3.0 as multiplicative factor, d=0.33 as exponention factor for the basic COCOMO duration equation, approximately how long does the project take to complete?

Q. Which of the following is used to determine the specificity of requirements ?

(A) n1/n2                        (B) n2/n1
(C) n1+n2           (D) n1–n2

Where n1 is the number of requirements for which all reviewers have identical interpretations, n2 is number of requirements in a specification.

Q. The major shortcoming of waterfall model is

Q. The quick design of a software that is visible to end users leads to ............

Q. For a program of k variables, boundary value analysis yields .............. test cases.

Q. The extent to which a software performs its intended functions without failures, is termed as

Q. An Operating System (OS) crashes on the average once in 30 days, that is, the Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) = 30 days. When this happens, it takes 10 minutes to recover the OS, that is, the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) = 10 minutes. The availability of the OS with these reliability figures is approximately :

Q. Match each software lifecycle model in List – I to its description in List – II:

List – I                                       List – II
I. Code-and-Fix                        a. Assess risks at each step; do most critical
action first.
II. Evolutionary prototyping  b. Build an initial small requirement specifications,
code it, then “evolve” the specifications and code
as needed.
III. Spiral                                    c. Build initial requirement specification for
several releases, then design-and-code in
sequence
IV. Staged Delivery                 d. Standard phases (requirements, design,
code, test) in order
V. Waterfall                               e. Write some code, debug it, repeat
(i.e. ad-hoc)

Codes :
      I    II   III   IV   V

Q. Match each software term in List – I to its description in List – II:

List – I                                       List – II
I. Wizards                                  a. Forms that provide structure for a document
II. Templates                             b. A series of commands grouped into a
single command
III. Macro                                    c. A single program that incorporates most
commonly used tools
IV. Integrated Software           d. Step-by-step guides in application software
V. Software Suite                    e. Bundled group of software programs

Codes :
      I    II   III   IV   V

Q. The ISO quality assurance standard that applies to software Engineering is

Q. Which of the following are external qualities of a software product ?

Q. Which of the following is/are CORRECT statement(s) about version and release ?

I. A version is an instance of a system, which is functionally identical but nonfunctionally distinct from other instances of a system.
II. A version is an instance of a system, which is functionally distinct in some way from other system instances.
III. A release is an instance of a system, which is distributed to users outside of the development team.
IV. A release is an instance of a system, which is functionally identical but onfunctionally distinct from other instances of a system.

Q. An experimental file server is up 75% of the time and down for 25% of the time due to bugs. How many times does this file server have to be replicated to give an availability of at least 99% ?

Q. A server crashes on the average once in 30 days, that is, the Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) is 30 days. When this happens, it takes 12 hours to reboot it, that is, the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) is 12 hours. The availability of server with these reliability data values is approximately:

Q. Match the software maintenance activities in List-I to its meaning in List-II.

List-I                              List-II
I. Corrective                              (a) Concerned with performing activities to reduce the software complexity
thereby improving program understandability and increasing software
maintainability.
II. Adaptive                    (b) Concerned with fixing errors that are observed when the software is in
use.
III. Perfective                  (c) Concerned with the change in the software that takes place to make
the software adaptable to new environment (both hardware and
software).
IV. Preventive               (d) Concerned with the change in the software that takes place to make the
software adaptable to changing user requirements.

Codes:
       I      II     III    IV

Q. Match each application/software design concept in List-I to its definition in List-II.

List-I                              List-II

I. Coupling                    (a) Easy to visually inspect the design of the software and understand its purpose.
II. Cohesion                  (b) Easy to add functionality to a software without having to redesign it.
III. Scalable                   (c) Focus of a code upon a single goal.
IV. Readable                (d) Reliance of a code module upon other code modules.

Codes:
       I      II     III    IV

Q. Software safety is quality assurance activity that focuses on hazards that

Q. Which of the following sets represent five stages defined by Capability Maturity
Model (CMM) in increasing order of maturity?