adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

A semaphore count of negative n means (s = –n) that the queue contains ………….. waiting processes.

a.

n + 1

b.

n

c.

n – 1

d.

Answer: (b).n

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. A semaphore count of negative n means (s = –n) that the queue contains ………….. waiting processes.

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. A program is located in the smallest available hole in the memory is ……………

Q. With a four programs in memory and with 80% average I/O wait, the CPU utilization is?

Q. Assume N segments in memory and a page size of P bytes. The wastage on account of internal fragmentation is:

Q. Suppose it takes 100 ns to access a page table and 20 ns to access associative memory with a 90% hit rate, the average access time equals:

Q. Variable partition memory management technique with compaction results in:

Q. Four jobs J1, J2, J3 and J4 are waiting to be run. Their expected run times are 9, 6, 3 and 5 respectively. In order to minimize average response time, the jobs should be run in the order:

Q. Suppose it takes 100 ns to access page table and 20 ns to access associative memory. If the average access time is 28 ns, the corresponding hit rate is:

Q. N processes are waiting for I/O. A process spends a fraction p of its time in I/O wait state. The CPU utilization is given by:

Q. If holes are half as large as processes, the fraction of memory wasted in holes is:

Q. An example of a non pre-emptive scheduling algorithm is:

Q. An example of distributed OS is:

Q. In which of the following, ready to execute processes must be present in RAM?

Q. If the executing program size is greater than the existing RAM of a computer, it is still possible to execute the program if the OS supports:

Q. Files that are related to input/output and are used to model serial I/O devices such as terminals, printers and networks are called :

Q. An example of a possible file attribute is:

Q. An example of a non-preemptive CPU scheduling algorithm is:

Q. There are ‘n’ processes in memory. A process spends a fraction ‘p’ of its time waiting for I/O to complete. The CPU utilization is given by:

Q. With 64 bit virtual addresses, a 4KB page and 256 MB of RAM, an inverted page table requires:

Q. A computer has 6 tape drives with ‘n’ processes competing for them. Each process may need two drives. For which values of ‘n’ is the system deadlock free ?

Q. A program has five virtual pages, numbered from 0 to 4. If the pages are referenced in the order 012301401234, with three page frames, the total number of page faults with FIFO will be equal to: