adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Remote Computing Service involves the use of time sharing and …………..

a.

multi-processing

b.

interactive processing

c.

batch processing

d.

real-time processing

Answer: (c).batch processing

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Remote Computing Service involves the use of time sharing and …………..

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. Applications-software

Q. At any given time Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) has ……………. send buffer and …………… receive buffer.

Q. In the process management Round-robin method is essentially the pre-emptive version of …………

Q. A page fault

Q. A semaphore count of negative n means (s = –n) that the queue contains ………….. waiting processes.

Q. A program is located in the smallest available hole in the memory is ……………

Q. With a four programs in memory and with 80% average I/O wait, the CPU utilization is?

Q. Assume N segments in memory and a page size of P bytes. The wastage on account of internal fragmentation is:

Q. Suppose it takes 100 ns to access a page table and 20 ns to access associative memory with a 90% hit rate, the average access time equals:

Q. Variable partition memory management technique with compaction results in:

Q. Four jobs J1, J2, J3 and J4 are waiting to be run. Their expected run times are 9, 6, 3 and 5 respectively. In order to minimize average response time, the jobs should be run in the order:

Q. Suppose it takes 100 ns to access page table and 20 ns to access associative memory. If the average access time is 28 ns, the corresponding hit rate is:

Q. N processes are waiting for I/O. A process spends a fraction p of its time in I/O wait state. The CPU utilization is given by:

Q. If holes are half as large as processes, the fraction of memory wasted in holes is:

Q. An example of a non pre-emptive scheduling algorithm is:

Q. An example of distributed OS is:

Q. In which of the following, ready to execute processes must be present in RAM?

Q. If the executing program size is greater than the existing RAM of a computer, it is still possible to execute the program if the OS supports:

Q. Files that are related to input/output and are used to model serial I/O devices such as terminals, printers and networks are called :

Q. An example of a possible file attribute is: