adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Which of the following disk scheduling techniques has a drawback of starvation ?

a.

SCAN

b.

SSTF

c.

FCFS

d.

LIFO

Answer: (b).SSTF

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Which of the following disk scheduling techniques has a drawback of starvation ?

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. In the ___________ method of data transfer, the participation of the processor is eliminated during data transfer.

Q. Data reside in file on disk under DOS environment, which of the following file name is invalid ?

Q. The time taken to bring the desired track/cylinder under the head is _________.

Q. If the Disk head is located initially at 32, find the number of disk moves required with FCFS if the disk queue of I/O blocks requests are 98,37,14,124,65,67.

Q. The solution to Critical Section Problem is : Mutual Exclusion, Progress and Bounded Waiting.

Q. Fragmentation of a file system

Q. If the disk head is located initially at 32, find the number of disk moves required with FCFS if the disk queue of I/O blocks requests are 98, 37, 14, 124, 65, 70.

Q. A machine has a physical memory of 64 Mbyte and a virtual address space of 32 - bit. The page size is 4kbyte, What is the approximate size of the page table?

Q. We have a CPU that generates virtual addresses of 32 bits and the page size is of 4 kbyte. Transition Lookaside Buffer ( TLB ) of the processor can hold a total of 128 page table entries and 4 - way set associative. What is the minimum size of the TLB tag?

Q.  An application loads 100 libraries at startup and loading each library exactly one disk access is required. 10ms is the seek time of the disk to a random location and 6000rpm is the rotational speed of the disk. Neglect the time to transfer data from the disk block once the head has been positioned at the start of the block. What will be the time taken by the application to load all the libraries, if all 100 libraries are loaded from random location on the disk?

Q.  In a virtual memory environment the minimum number of page frames that must be allocated to a running process is determined by ___________________.

Q. SSTF stands for

Q. The total time to prepare a disk drive mechanism for a block of data to be read from is its

Q. ________ is the time required by a sector to reach below read/write head.

Q. The methods or algorithms which are used to increase the performance of disk storage subsystem is called .............

Q. The ............... policy restricts scanning to one direction only.

Q. ............... policy selects the disk I/O request that requires the least movement of the disk arm
from its current position.

Q. In the linked allocation, the directory contains a pointer to the :
I. first block
II. last block

Q. ______ is a unique tag, usually a number, identifies the file within the file system.

Q. To create a file