b.

SJF – Shortest Job First

c.

RR – Round Robin

d.

None of these

Answer: (b).SJF – Shortest Job First

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. The most optimal scheduling algorithm is :

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. The real difficulty with SJF in short term scheduling is :

Q. The FCFS algorithm is particularly troublesome for ____________.

Q. Consider the following set of processes, the length of the CPU burst time given in milliseconds :
Process Burst time
P1 6
P2 8
P3 7
P4 3

i) Assuming the above process being scheduled with the SJF scheduling algorithm :

Q. Consider the following set of processes, the length of the CPU burst time given in milliseconds :
Process Burst time
P1 6
P2 8
P3 7
P4 3
Assuming the above process being scheduled with the SJF scheduling algorithm :

Process Burst time
P1 6
P2 8
P3 7
P4 3
Assuming the above process being scheduled with the SJF scheduling algorithm:

Process Burst time
P1 6
P2 8
P3 7
P4 3
Assuming the above process being scheduled with the SJF scheduling algorithm :

Q. Preemptive Shortest Job First scheduling is sometimes called :

Q. An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is :

Q. One of the disadvantages of the priority scheduling algorithm is that :

Q. ‘Aging’ is :

Q. A solution to the problem of indefinite blockage of low – priority processes is :

Q. Which of the following statements are true ?
i) Shortest remaining time first scheduling may cause starvation
ii) Preemptive scheduling may cause starvation
iii) Round robin is better than FCFS in terns of response time

Q. Which of the following scheduling algorithms gives minimum average waiting time ?

Q. Match the following:
List – I - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - List – II
a. Multilevel feedback queue - - - - - - - - - i. Time-slicing
b. FCFS - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ii. Criteria to move processes between queues
c. Shortest process next - - - - - - - - - - - -iii. Batch processing
d. Round robin scheduling - - - - - - - - - - -iv. Exponential smoothing

Q. How you will describe Throughput in operating system?

Q. Which of the following scheduling policy is well suited for a time shared operating system?

Q. What is the most suitable scheduling policy for a time - shared operating systems?

Q. Consider a uniprocessor computer system that has 2 processes and both of them alternate 10ms CPU bursts with 90ms I / O bursts. Both the processes were created at nearly the same time and can proceed in parallel. What is the scheduling strategy for this system that will result in the least CPU utilization (over a long period of time) ?

Q. We have an operating system, which is capable of loading and executing a single sequential user process at a time. If the disk head scheduling algorithm which is initially First Come First Served (FCFS) is replaced by Shortest Seek Time First (SSTF) claimed by the vendor to give 50% better benchmark results then what is the expected improvement in the I / O performance of the user programs?

Q. We have a uniprocessor machine where a set of n tasks with known run times r1, r2, r3,….rn are to be run. What will be the maximum throughput result of the processor scheduling algorithm?