b.

PGP

c.

RSA

d.

Kerberos

Answer: (b).PGP

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. A secure protocol for personal emails:

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. A technique in which system resources are shared among multiple users:

Q. The number of bits that can be transmitted over a network in a certain period of time:

Q. A network topology that combines features of linear bus and star topology:

Q. The science and art of breaking ciphers

Q. Process of mapping a network interface IP address to its hardware address:

Q. The local area network technology used in Ethernet

Q. Match the following Secret Key Algorithms (List I) with Corresponding Key Lengths (List II) and choose the correct answer from the code given below:

List I List II
(a) Blowfish (i) 128 ā€“ 256 bits
(b) DES (ii) 128 bits
(c) IDEA (iii) 1 - 448 bits
(d) RC5 (iv) 56 bits

Q. The four byte IP address consists of

Q. Consider ISO-OSI network architecture reference model. Session layer of this model offers dialog control, token management and .................. as services.

Q. Which of the following statement/s is/are true?

(i) Firewalls can screen traffic going into or out of an organization.
(ii) Virtual private networks can stimulate an old leased network to provide certain desirable properties.

Choose the correct answer from the code given below:

Q. A host is connected to a department network which is part of a university network. The university network, in turn, is part of the Internet. The largest network, in which the Ethernet address of the host is unique, is

Q. An Internet Service Provider (ISP) has following chunk of CIDR-based IP addresses available with it :245.248.128.9./20. The ISP wants to give half of this chunk of addresses to organization A and a quarter to organization B while retaining the remaining with itself. Which of the following is a valid allocation of addresses to A and B?

Q. Consider the following two statements:

S1: TCP handles both congestion and flow control
S2: UDP handles congestion but not flow control

Which of the following options is correct with respect to the above statements (S1) and (S2)?

Q. Identify the correct sequence in which the following packets are transmitted on the network by a host when a browser requests a webpage from a remote server, assuming that the host has just been restarted.

Q. Suppose that everyone in a group of N people wants to communicate secretly with (Nāˆ’1) other people using symmetric key cryptographic system. The communication between any two persons should not be decodable by the others in the group. The number of keys required in the system as a whole to satisfy the confidentiality requirement is

Q. A slotted ALOHA network transmits 200-bit frames using a shared channel with a 200 Kbps bandwidth. Find the throughput of the system, if the system (all stations put together) produces 250 frames per second:

Q. The period of a signal is 100 ms. Its frequency is .............

Q. The dotted-decimal notation of the following IPV4 address in binary notation is ...................

10000001 00001011 00001011 11101111

Q. Which of the following statements are true?

(a) Advanced Mobile Phone System (AMPS) is a second generation cellular phone system.
(b) IS - 95 is a second generation cellular phone system based on CDMA and DSSS.
(c) The Third generation cellular phone system will provide universal personnel communication.

Q. Match the following symmetric block ciphers with corresponding block and key sizes:

List - I
(a) DES
(b) IDEA
(c) BLOW FISH
(d) AES

List - II
(i) block size 64 and key size ranges between 32 and 448
(ii) block size 64 and key size 64
(iii) block size 128 and key sizes 128, 192, 256
(iv) block size 64 and key size 128

Code:
(a) (b) (c) (d)