adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Assume that we need to download text documents at the rate of 100 pages per minute. A page is an average of 24 lines with 80 characters in each line and each character requires 8 bits. Then the required bit rate of the channel is ................

a.

1.636 Kbps

b.

1.636 Mbps

c.

2.272 Mbps

d.

None of the above

Answer: (d).None of the above

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Assume that we need to download text documents at the rate of 100 pages per minute. A page is an average of 24 lines with 80 characters in each line and each character requires 8...

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. Suppose that the time to do a null remote procedure call (RPC) (i.e, 0 data bytes) is 1.0 msec, with an additional 1.5 msec for every 1K of data. How long does it take to read 32 K from the file server as 32 1K RPCs?

Q. Which of the following services is not provided by wireless access point in 802.11 WLAN?

Q. Which of the following fields in IPv4 datagram is not related to fragmentation?

Q. Four channels are multiplexed using TDM. If each channel sends 100 bytes/second and we multiplex 1 byte per channel, then the bit rate for the link is ...............

Q. In a typical mobile phone system with hexagonal cells, it is forbidden to reuse a frequency band in adjacent cells. If 840 frequencies are available, how many can be used in a given cell?

Q. Using p=3, q=13, d=7 and e=3 in the RSA algorithm, what is the value of ciphertext for a plain text 5?

Q. Which of the following is not a congestion policy at network layer?

Q. The combination of an IP address and a port number is known as ...................

Q. A network with bandwidth of 10 Mbps can pass only an average of 15,000 frames per minute with each frame carrying an average of 8,000 bits. What is the throughput of this network ?

Q. Consider a subnet with 720 routers. If a three-level hierarchy is choosen with eight clusters, each containing 9 regions of 10 routers, then total number of entries in the routing table is ...................

Q. In a classful addressing, the IP addresses with 0 (zero) as network number:

Q. In electronic mail, which of the following protocols allows the transfer of multimedia messages?

Q. A device is sending out data at the rate of 2000 bps. How long does it take to send a file of 1,00,000 characters ?

Q. Infrared signals can be used for short range communication in a closed area using ................... propagation.

Q. A bridge has access to ............... address in the same network.

Q. The minimum frame length for 10 Mbps Ethernet is ............. bytes and maximum is ................ bytes.

Q. The bit rate of a signal is 3000 bps. If each signal unit carries 6 bits, the baud rate of the signal is ...............

Q. Match the following:

List – I                                    List - II
a. Physical Layer                     i. Allow resources to network access
b. Datalink Layer                     ii. Move packets from one destination to other
c. Network Layer                      iii. Process to process message delivery
d. Transport Layer                   iv. Transmission of bit stream
e. Application Layer                v. Formation of frames

Codes:
      a   b   c    d   e

Q. Object Request Broker (ORB) is

I. A software program that runs on the client as well as on the application server.
II. A software program that runs on the client side only.
III. A software program that runs on the application server, where most of the components reside.

Q. A software agent is defined as

I. A software developed for accomplishing a given task.
II. A computer program which is capable of acting on behalf of the user in order to accomplish a given computational task.
III. An open source software for accomplishing a given task.