adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Consider the problem of connecting 19 lamps to a single electric outlet by using extension cords each of which has four outlets. The number of extension cords required is

a.

b.

c.

d.

Answer: (c).6

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Consider the problem of connecting 19 lamps to a single electric outlet by using extension cords each of which has four outlets. The number of extension cords required is
Ritu : June 26, 2023

I want details of solution

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. The decimal number equivalent of (4057.06)8 is

Q. The value of the following expression (13/4*3)%5+1 is

Q. Which one of the following will set the value of y to 5 if x has the value 3, but not otherwise?

Q. “x1 is a clone of x” means x1 is identical to x in terms of the physical attributes namely, height, weight and complexion. Given, height, weight and complexion only form a complete set of attributes for an entity, cloning is an equivalence relation. What is your impression about this statement?

Q. If she is my friend and you are her friend, then we are friends. Given this, the friend relationship in this context is …………...

(i) commutative
(ii) transitive
(iii) implicative
(iv) equivalence

Q. If x and y are independent Gaussian random variables with average value 0 and with same variance, their joint probability density function is given by:

Q. Assertion(A): Bit maps are not often used in memory management.
Reason(R): Searching a bitmap for a run of given length is a slow operation.

Q. The complete graph with four vertices has k edges where k is:

Q. Which two of the following are equivalent for an undirected graph G?

(i) G is a tree
(ii) There is at least one path between any two distinct vertices of G
(iii) G contains no cycles and has (n-1) edges
(iv) G has n edges

Q. A relation R in {1,2,3,4,5,6} is given by {(1,2),(2,3),(3,4),(4,4),(4,5)}. This relation is:

Q. The set of positive integers under the operation of ordinary multiplication is:

Q. In a set of 8 positive integers, there always exists a pair of numbers having the same remainder when divided by:

Q. A box contains six red balls and four green balls. Four balls are selected at random from the box. What is the probability that two of the selected balls are red and two are green?

Q. The number of edges in a complete graph with ‘n’ vertices is equal to:

Q. Depth ion travels of the following directed graph is:

Q. If (a^2−b^2) is a prime number where a and bϵN, then:

Q. For a complete graph with N vertices, the total number of spanning trees is given by:

Q. Let A and B be two arbitrary events, then:

Q. Consider the relation on the set of non-negative integers defined by x≡y if and only if:

Q. Minimum number of individual shoes to be picked up from a dark room (containing 10 pair of shoes) if we have to get atleast one proper pair: