adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

A triangulation of a polygon is a set of T chords that divide the polygon into disjoint triangles. Every triangulation of n-vertex convex polygon has ................ chords and divides the polygon into ............... triangles.

a.

n-2, n-1

b.

n-3, n-2

c.

n-1, n

d.

n-2, n-2

Answer: (b).n-3, n-2

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. A triangulation of a polygon is a set of T chords that divide the polygon into disjoint triangles. Every triangulation of n-vertex convex polygon has ................ chords and...

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. Implicit return type of a class constructor is:

Q. It is possible to define a class within a class termed as nested class. There are ............ types of nested classes.

Q. Which of the following statements is correct?

Q. Which of the following statements is correct?

Q. When one object reference variable is assigned to another object reference variable then

Q. Which of the following statement(s) is/are false?

(a) A connected multigraph has an Euler Circuit if and only if each of its vertices has even degree.
(b) A connected multigraph has an Euler Path but not an Euler Circuit if and only if it has exactly two vertices of odd degree.
(c) A complete graph (Kn) has a Hamilton Circuit whenever n≥3
(d) A cycle over six vertices (C6) is not a bipartite graph but a complete graph over 3 vertices is bipartite.

Q. Consider the following two statements:

(a) A publicly derived class is a subtype of its base class.
(b) Inheritance provides for code reuse.

Which of the above statements is correct?

Q. In general, in a recursive and non-recursive implementation of a problem (program):

Q. A three dimensional array in ‘C’ is declared as int A[x][y][z]. Here, the address of an item at the location A[p][q][r] can be computed as follows (where w is the word length of an integer):

Q. The number of disk pages access in B-tree search, where h is height, n is the number of keys, and t is the minimum degree, is:

Q. An ideal sort is an in-place-sort whose additional space requirement is ...............

Q. Loop unrolling is a code optimization technique:

Q. Match the following w.r.t. programming languages:

List - I                                     List – II
(a) JAVA                        (i) Dynamically object oriented
(b) Python                     (ii) Statically Non-object oriented
(c) Prolog                      (iii) Statically object oriented
(d) ADA                         (iv) Dynamically non-object oriented

Codes:
   (a)  (b)  (c)  (d)

Q. In Activity-Selection problem, each activity i has a start time si and a finish time fi where si≤fi. Activities i and j are compatible if:

Q. Floyd-Warshall algorithm utilizes ............... to solve the all-pairs shortest paths problem on a directed graph in ................ time.

Q. Which of the following is used to make an Abstract class ?

Q. Match the following with reference to object oriented modelling :

List - I                         List - II

(a) Polymorphism        (i) Picking both operator and attributes with
operations appropriate to model an object
(b) Inheritance             (ii) Hiding implementation details of methods
from users of objects
(c) Encapsulation        (iii) Using similar operations to do similar things
(d) Abstraction              (iv) Create new classes from existing class

Codes :
      (a)   (b)  (c)   (d)

Q. Which of the following is/are correct with reference to Abstract class and interface ?

(a) A class can inherit only one Abstract class but may inherit several interfaces.
(b) An Abstract class can provide complete and default code but an interface has no code.

Q. Consider the following conditions :

(a) The solution must be feasible, i.e. it must satisfy all the supply and demand constraints.
(b) The number of positive allocations must be equal to m+n-1, where m is the number
of rows and n is the number of columns.
(c) All the positive allocations must be in independent positions.

The initial solution of a transportation problem is said to be non-degenerate basic feasible solution if it satisfies :

Q. Big-O estimates for the factorial function and the logarithm of the factorial function i.e. n! and log n! is given by