adplus-dvertising
frame-decoration

Question

Assume that the operators +, -, × are left associative and ^ is right associative. The order of precedence (from highest to lowest) is ^, x , +, -. The postfix expression corresponding to the infix expression a + b × c - d ^ e ^ f is

a.

abc × + def ^ ^ -

b.

abc × + de ^ f ^ -

c.

ab + c × d - e ^ f ^

d.

- + a × bc ^ ^ def

Answer: (a).abc × + def ^ ^ -

Engage with the Community - Add Your Comment

Confused About the Answer? Ask for Details Here.

Know the Explanation? Add it Here.

Q. Assume that the operators +, -, × are left associative and ^ is right associative. The order of precedence (from highest to lowest) is ^, x , +, -. The postfix expression...

Similar Questions

Discover Related MCQs

Q. To evaluate an expression without any embedded function calls:

Q. The result evaluating the postfix expression 10 5 + 60 6 / * 8 – is

Q. A function f defined on stacks of integers satisfies the following properties. f(∅) = 0 and f (push (S, i)) = max (f(S), 0) + i for all stacks S and integers i.
If a stack S contains the integers 2, -3, 2, -1, 2 in order from bottom to top, what is f(S)?

Q. Suppose a stack is to be implemented with a linked list instead of an array. What would be the effect on the time complexity of the push and pop operations of the stack implemented using linked list (Assuming stack is implemented efficiently)?

Q. Consider n elements that are equally distributed in k stacks. In each stack, elements of it are arranged in ascending order (min is at the top in each of the stack and then increasing downwards). Given a queue of size n in which we have to put all n elements in increasing order. What will be the time complexity of the best known algorithm?

Q. Following is C like pseudo code of a function that takes a Queue as an argument, and uses a stack S to do processing.

void fun(Queue *Q)
{
    Stack S;  // Say it creates an empty stack S

// Run while Q is not empty
    while (!isEmpty(Q))
    {
        // deQueue an item from Q and push the dequeued item to S
        push(&S, deQueue(Q));
    }

// Run while Stack S is not empty
    while (!isEmpty(&S))
    {
      // Pop an item from S and enqueue the poppped item to Q
      enQueue(Q, pop(&S));
    }
}

What does the above function do in general?

Q. Which one of the following is an application of Queue Data Structure?

Q. How many stacks are needed to implement a queue. Consider the situation where no other data structure like arrays, linked list is available to you.

Q. How many queues are needed to implement a stack. Consider the situation where no other data structure like arrays, linked list is available to you.

Q. A priority queue can efficiently implemented using which of the following data structures? Assume that the number of insert and peek (operation to see the current highest priority item) and extraction (remove the highest priority item) operations are almost same.

Q. Which of the following is true about linked list implementation of queue?

Q. Suppose a circular queue of capacity (n – 1) elements is implemented with an array of n elements. Assume that the insertion and deletion operation are carried out using REAR and FRONT as array index variables, respectively. Initially, REAR = FRONT = 0. The conditions to detect queue full and queue empty are

Q. A Priority-Queue is implemented as a Max-Heap. Initially, it has 5 elements. The level-order traversal of the heap is given below: 10, 8, 5, 3, 2 Two new elements ”1‘ and ”7‘ are inserted in the heap in that order. The level-order traversal of the heap after the insertion of the elements is:

Q. An implementation of a queue Q, using two stacks S1 and S2, is given below:

void insert(Q, x) {
   push (S1, x);
}

void delete(Q){
   if(stack-empty(S2)) then
      if(stack-empty(S1)) then {
          print(“Q is empty”);
          return;
      }
      else while (!(stack-empty(S1))){
          x=pop(S1);
          push(S2,x);
      }
   x=pop(S2);
}

Let n insert and m (<=n) delete operations be performed in an arbitrary order on an empty queue Q. Let x and y be the number of push and pop operations performed respectively in the process. Which one of the following is true for all m and n?

Q. Consider the following pseudo code. Assume that IntQueue is an integer queue. What does the function fun do?

void fun(int n)
{
IntQueue q = new IntQueue();
q.enqueue(0);
q.enqueue(1);
for (int i = 0; i < n; i++)
{
int a = q.dequeue();
int b = q.dequeue();
q.enqueue(b);
q.enqueue(a + b);
ptint(a);
}
}

Q. Suppose implementation supports an instruction REVERSE, which reverses the order of elements on the stack, in addition to the PUSH and POP instructions. Which one of the following statements is TRUE with respect to this modified stack?

Q. A queue is implemented using an array such that ENQUEUE and DEQUEUE operations are performed efficiently. Which one of the following statements is CORRECT (n refers to the number of items in the queue)?

Q. Suppose you are given an implementation of a queue of integers. The operations that can be performed on the queue are:

i. isEmpty (Q) — returns true if the queue is empty, false otherwise.
ii. delete (Q) — deletes the element at the front of the queue and returns its value.
iii. insert (Q, i) — inserts the integer i at the rear of the queue.
Consider the following function:

void f (queue Q) {
int i ;
if (!isEmpty(Q)) {
i = delete(Q);
f(Q);
insert(Q, i);
}
}

What operation is performed by the above function f ?

Q. The following C declarations

struct node
{
int i;
float j;
};
struct node *s[10] ;

define s to be

Q. The most appropriate matching for the following pairs

X: m=malloc(5); m= NULL; 1: using dangling pointers
Y: free(n); n->value=5; 2: using uninitialized pointers
Z: char *p; *p = ’a’; 3. lost memory